Summertime is the busiest season of the year when it comes to buying and selling Orlando real estate with Spring coming in at a close 2nd place. Most families prefer to move when their kids are on Summer break so they don’t interrupt the school year. Real estate savvy homeowners that want to sell, will usually wait until the end of Spring before putting their home on the market. They know that home buyers will be out large numbers scrambling to try and get their families moved in to a new home before the school year starts.
Buyers competition can get pretty fierce once the Summer has begun but there are a few steps you can take to avoid the home buyers rush.
- Get your financing in order. It’s important that you are pre-approved for a loan before you go house hunting. This way you’ll know exactly how much you can afford to pay for a house.It also shows sellers that your serious about buying.
- Hire an experienced Orlando real estate agent before summer arrives. Interview two or three buyers agents and once you choose one inform him or her exactly what you’re looking for.
- Be ready to pull the trigger. Your Realtor should be showing you listings as soon as they hit the market. Don’t wait! if it looks appealing to you, go see it and bring a contract with you just in case.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. If you hate the layout or the location, you should probably keep looking but if you’re turned off by the ugly carpets and tacky paint job, don’t be! Painting and replacing carpet is relatively cheap to do so just try to imagine the house as it would look using your colors.
- Let your Orlando Realtor do their job and listen to their advice when it comes to how much you should offer on a house, especially in a sellers market. Don’t risk losing the house of your dreams because you tried to get an allowance to change the carpets. You’ll regret it!
Getting started early and avoiding the rush is key to giving yourself the best chance at finding the right house for you and your family. If you’re looking to buy a house in Orlando, be sure to use our FREE Home search tool and with just a few clicks, you’ll be searching the MLS just like a pro from your own home.